Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Patch - The Star Suite [1973] @128 (Aussie prog)

Firstly, apologies for the bit rate, but this is the only copy of this that I know of. If anyone has a better one, I'd love to hear from you. It is, to say the least, rather rare.

My comments on this one are brief, for one very simple reason, I know very little about it.

It is basically the brainchild of Peter Dawkins, drummer of New Zealand origin and later an Aussie producer, including for Spectrum (see Millesago, May archive in this blog)

Dawkins conceived, co-wrote and produced the whole thing, a concept album based on, rather obviously, astrological themes.

The band is made up mainly of Ariel personnel, this band being Spectrum in pop diguise, guitarist and fine singer - songwriter, Mike McClellan and others. It is not hard to pick out Spectrum / Ariel's Mike Rudd's guitar in the mix.

The music is entirely instrumental and is prog at its best. Despite being made up of only 4 tracks and being over 40 minutes long, it is by no means boring. It has an ethereal, dreamy feel, building to great climaxes, all rather good, really. The music, by the way, is rather better than the awful cover.

I can recommend this wholeheartedly, so do yourself a favour!

Air

Keep listening !!!

http://rapidshare.de/files/23571191/P_ss__1973.rar

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooooooWWWWW ...COOL Album ...one of the best that i have heard in ages...thanks Mike for this recommendation!greetings from Italy!

Anonymous said...

Ta :O)
db (greetings from sahf west London)

micaus said...

Thanks for the positive comments, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! I've wanted to hear it for ages but never seen an affordable copy (and I've only seen a copy twice).
Don't apologise for the bitrate - sound quality seems fine to me.

Anne & Tom said...

I'm sorry, but the file was deleted before I manage to download...

Anonymous said...

Link dead.

Post a Comment